We at Elaborate Communications have a Data Protection policy in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Elaborate Communications is involved in a number of business areas, and as such your data may be held by more than one department in the company. In all cases Elaborate Communications is the data controller or the data processor.
No matter which area of our business is working with your data, should you wish to unsubscribe at any time, you can do so via phone, email or via our website.
- Elaborate Communications PR Department
We at Elaborate Communications would like to keep our journalist colleagues and business colleagues in touch with updates on the business activities of our clients which you may find of interest in your professional capacity.
We process personal information for certain legitimate purposes including:
- Sending out press releases providing information on the business activities of our clients.
- Issuing invitations to press conferences and related events.
- Contacting journalists and correspondents by telephone to provide specific, tailored information on potential news stories.
- Enhance, modify or improve our communications.
2.ShipManagement International Magazine (SMI)
As publishers of SMI magazine, Elaborate Communications has a legitimate business interest to use your data to:
- Send copies of the magazine to those individuals and companies who have specifically requested a copy, and who make up our subscriber database.
- Allow access to SMI for those individuals and companies who are subscribers and have requested access to the SMI app.
- Contact our subscribers, existing and past advertisers, and carefully targeted business colleagues by telephone or individually by email when we believe that we have a specific business, advertising or editorial opportunity that will be of relevance to the business activities of those readers and will further our existing business relationship with them.
- Email business contacts with information on the yearly advertising and editorial schedule.
- The Ship Supplier Magazine
- Elaborate Communications is contracted by ISSA to publish the ISSA Ship Supplier magazine and to contact its members by telephone or email for editorial content and to generate advertising revenue to support the magazine
- We also send copies of the magazine to other carefully selected individuals and companies who have specifically requested a copy.
- Ship Supplier magazine has a legitimate business interest in contacting both existing and past advertisers who are not members of ISSA, and also carefully targeted business contacts, by telephone or individually by email when we believe that we have a specific business or editorial opportunity that will be of relevance to the business activities of our contact and will further our existing business relationship with them.
- Once yearly we may contact all contacts with information on the yearly advertising and editorial schedule.
- Elaborate Communications – other purposes
We hold data on our accounting system to allow us to either invoice customers, or to pay invoices to suppliers and contractors.
We hold data on job applicants during the selection process, and for a period of one year after this date.
COLLECTING YOUR DATA
We collect only the data we need to enable us to tailor our communications by business sector and location or to send out our publications and requested promotional material. This includes name, address, areas of interest, email address and phone number*.
- The information on our press database has been gathered as a result of legitimate business activities and has been collected in person, by telephone, or from publicly available sources.
- The information held by SMI has either been provided by our readers in order to receive copies of the publication, or gathered as a result of legitimate business activities. It has been collected directly from the individual by email, by subscription request, in person, by telephone, or from publicly available sources.
- Elaborate Communications holds only that data on ISSA members required to carry out its contract with ISSA, and acts as a data processor on behalf of ISSA.
- For other areas of the Ship Supplier’s business this information has been collected directly from the individual by email, by subscription request, in person, by telephone, or from publicly available sources.
- *CVs that are supplied by job applicants are securely held in paper format.
In all other areas of Elaborate’s business activities the information has been supplied in order to fulfil a contract or as part of a business transaction.
HOLDING YOUR DATA
We will keep your information for a reasonable time for each individual business purpose, or until you tell us you no longer wish to receive this information.
Sharing your data
Your data is used by Elaborate Communications and is not shared with third parties. It is held securely on our IT system.
We may use the following third parties to process your data:
- Mailchimp – to help us manage and store your data. https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/?_ga=2.10481459.708611932.1527585579-924002523.1473331649
- ABC – in order to comply with circulation audits. https://www.abc.org.uk/privacy-policy
- PLI International (Seabourne Group) – to mail out hard copies of our magazines. http://en-en.seabourne-group.com/general/privacy-policy#privacy
- Apazine – to hold data on our App subscribers. http://support.apazine.net/privacy/
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you can request to see this information and have it corrected or deleted.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer, Sarah Jones.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/
Should you wish to unsubscribe at any time, you can do so via phone, email (email@example.com) or via our website.
OUR CONTACT DETAILS
Elaborate Communications Ltd, Unit 9A, Wingbury Courtyard Business Village, Upper Wingbury Farm, Wingrave, Bucks, HP22 4LW
Tel: +44 1296 682051
Data Protection officer:
Tel: +44 1296 682241
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Elaborate Communications and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Elaborate Communications. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Elaborate Communications takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Elaborate Communications is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Elaborate Communications may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from June 1st.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.